- Installs and repairs automotive air-conditioning units: Bolts compressor to engine block and installs driving pulley on front end of crankshaft.
- Places fan belt on pulleys, adjusts tension, and tightens bolts.
- Bolts evaporator unit under dashboard or in trunk.
- Welds or bolts mounting brackets to automobile frame.
- Drills holes through interior panels, threads hoses through holes and connects hoses to compressor, evaporator, and cool-air outlet.
- Fills compressor with refrigerant and starts unit.
- Measures compressor pressure to determine efficiency of compressor, using gauge.
- Listens to operating unit for indications of malfunction.
- Removes faulty units from vehicles, disassembles them, and replaces worn and broken parts and fluid in unit.
Salary: INR 2,00,000 - 2,50,000 P.A.
Industry: Heat Ventilation / Air Conditioning
Functional Area: Production, Manufacturing, Maintenance
Role Category: Production/Manufacturing/Maintenance
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time